The Langscape Network : Networking the European Research Community on Language Acquisition and Language Learning
LANGSCAPE is an international research network engaging in plurilingualism, language education and language learning.
LANGSCAPE responds to the tendencies of linguistic, cultural, and methodological fragmentation in foreign/second/further language research by strengthening plurilingualism and diversity, and by giving special consideration to the social impact of mobility, migration, class, and gender as expressions of linguistic/cultural empowerment and integration. The general research concept of LANGSCAPE projects beyond disciplinary and geographic boundaries.
Areas of Langscape activity:
- Research in international groups & contexts
- International plurilingual conferences
- Plurilingual publications prepared by international editorial teams
- Curriculum development in language teacher education
- Opportunities for study in plurilingual contexts at BA, MA & PhD level
- Doctoral workshops & colloquia, summer/winter schools, expert seminars
- Bilateral PhD opportunities (co-tutelle/bi-lateral supervision)
- Blended learning activities